RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak's new test kitchen

Author Topic: Amtrak's new test kitchen
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The National Corridors newsletter this week includes two articles related to food service. The first discusses the menu rotation, and the second is about Amtrak's new test kitchen. http://www.nationalcorridors.org/df/df04122004.shtml
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to sampling the food on the Southwest Chief, Lake Shore Limited and Airondack in June... I'll let you know what I think of it when I get back to New Zealand!!
Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I guess I get to sample menu #5 on my way from Boston to Seattle and back next week?

Rack of lamb - that's getting pretty snappy! Do you think they'll ask us to wear a coat and tie for dinner?

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrandmaJudy
Member # 2467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrandmaJudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were serving rack of lamb on the CZ in the summer of 2001 & it was fantastic! Must have had a great chef on that trip. The only complaint I recall had to do with not having turtle pie on the menu - passengers were threatening a revolt (the deep dish apple pie & fresh strawberry shortcake were marvelous, but they were right about the turtle pie!).
Posts: 23 | From: Milwaukee, WI USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebradley
Member # 606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jebradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly wish Amtrak the best - my last ride in 2000 had some fine meals (not so fine was the bite I took coming into Seattle, farthest from my PA home, when the hard lump I thought might be chicken bone turned out to be a crowned tooth fallen out !! Seriously, I hope Amtrak's test kitchen emulates the Californina State Rail Museum and includes realistic "bouncing motion" for the car to train the chefs how to cope. Our taxpayer dollars well invested!
James E. Bradley Hawk Mountain Chapter N.R.H.S.

Posts: 57 | From: Allentown, PA, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page