TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Throughway Bus Question

Author Topic: Throughway Bus Question
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My spring trip to Seattle, reserved last November, is finally coming up in a couple of weeks! Now I have a bus question. The #14 has been at least an hour or so late departing Emeryville lately. Does the connecting bus from San Francisco leave the ferry building at the appointed hour every night regardless of the progress of the train or what? If I check the website and see it's running late do I just know that I'll have to be hanging around the E'ville station at least that long? As far as I know there is no other public transportation. there.
Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bus to Emeryville will travel on its appointed schedule, regardless of the train's status. To do anything else would result in tremendous confusion. (Of course, the bus from Emeryville to San Francisco will wait for a late train. Otherwise it wouldn't have any passengers.)

If you have a long wait at Emeryville, there are one or two restaurants across the tracks from the station. These can be reached by a pedestrian overpass.

------------------
Sing to the tune of Humoresque:
Passengers will please refrain,
From flushing toilets while the train,
Is standing in the station,
I love you.

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammy
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We arrived in EMY 6 1/2 hours late, the bus was waiting and we departed quickly. The next day our bus was right on time although #14 was 1 1/2 hours behind. We waited at the EMY station just as Mr.Toy stated. The problem was, when we asked where we could purchase a cup of coffee, we were told everything was closed. The wait wasn't bad though, and time passed before we tired. This was two weeks ago.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Keefer
Member # 2916

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Brian Keefer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be taking a thruway bus from Kansas City to Omaha. The bus departs at 6:00 pm and makes a stop in St. Joe. Will the bus stop for food or does it just go straight through?

Posts: 38 | From: Tulsa, OK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page