RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » SUNSET LTD. ETA MAY 15

Author Topic: SUNSET LTD. ETA MAY 15
dixiebreeze
Member # 3224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dixiebreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just gets worse and worse. Sunset Ltd. Train 2 is giving LAX and NOL passengers almost a whole extra day of riding before it gets to DeLand. Wonder what the problem is this time. Here is the ETA as of tonight, May 15 from the Amtrak web site:

Estimated arrival: 6 hours and 59 minutes late.

As of the last report at 8:39 PM, at Tallahassee, FL, it was running 8 hours and 7 minutes late.

Posts: 133 | From: Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverStar092
Member # 2652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStar092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And today was an improvement. Last Saturday's #2 reached Tallahassee after 3:00a.m. Sunday and the Wednesday train was sometime around 10 or 11p.m. As of last night the Amtrak web site showed it just 3 hours late at New Orleans.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These arrival times are not at all unusual for the Sunset. As we get into warmer weather, the late arrivals will occur more frequently.

When I rode the eastbound train, it was 12 hours late. I fully expected that it would be 6-12 hours late and planned accordingly.

Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dixiebreeze
Member # 3224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dixiebreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, you are correct -- the late arrivals are NOT unusual. I was about 12 hrs. late on the eastbound last year. My #1 westbound was actually about 20 minutes early in LAX!

The Starlight was miserably late on my return trip from the northwest, as well.

That being said, I still enjoy the Sunset ride.

Posts: 133 | From: Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page