RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » My Trip Report

Author Topic: My Trip Report
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In April I went to Oregon on the Starlight, if anyone is intereasted in reading my trip report please post your email address or email it to me and I will reply with my attached word document trip report.
I originally planned to get it onto http://coaststarlight99.tripod.com
but it never worked.

Please email me instead.
I think you will enjoy it I spent alot of time on it last month.

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello CoastStarlight99 I was looking forward to reading your report and seeing the videos... too bad the web page does not work, perhaps with a bit of outside help you might be able to sort it out? I don't know about web pages and I'm planning on putting my story up when I get back.

Please could you forward your story to rheboi@hotmail.com? Thanks.

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more problem!

I cant email over 3MB and the report is 4.0 MB does anyone know a good free email server that allows 4MB documents as attachments?

Thanks!

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I run into that quite often with large attachments. Divide it up and send in two separate messages. If you overload the receivers inbox, you may have to wait a day between "sends". Pardom me if I am being too simpleminded in this, but the best way is to rename the file twice, the first time as nameofreportpart1, the second as nameofreportpart2. Go to part1 and delete the second half, then to part2 and delete the first half. That way you have kept your report whole and also have two half parts that can be emailed.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you dont want to slice it in 2, then I know a way you can make it sendable,, since I download so much Train Sim stuff, I started figuring out how poeple made there huge files smaller, its simple, open the the Program that you used to make your report, click open, or File/open, and when the window opens, select the file your Trip report is on, right click on it, and hold you curser over "Send To" (or just click send to), in the sub-menu, click "(Compressed) Zipped Folder" and send the zipped folder through E-mail, it will be smaller

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about all the images in the middle of the text?

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page