RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Holiday Weekend rail journey

Author Topic: Holiday Weekend rail journey
graynt
Member # 17

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for graynt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Memorial Day weekend is here and for the first time in months I have three days off and Im going to use that time wisely taking the train. I leave Harrisburg Pa tommorow afternoon on the Three Rivers to Chicago, I board a Hiawatha to Milwaukee, spend a few hours there,back to Chicago and on the Three Rivers back to Pennsylvania. No reason except to take the train. With the Rail Sale the cost is under $100. I tell people I work with about my trip and they all give me strange looks.

I have a big triplater this summer and I ve been riding Amtrak for fifteen years. I may have 500.000 miles or more by now. Why do I do it? It's the train and the adventure and I can t think of a better way tospend the weekend!

Posts: 176 | From: Bloomsburg Pa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have a good time
what type of radio are you in?

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for EmpireBuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you taking this trip by yourself or is someone going with? Either way it sounds really fun....well I assume it does.

I'm still awaiting my first Amtrak trip to begin in the early morning hours of June 30th. It's going to be a 28 hour ride in each direction...so I better find myself enjoying train travel right away!

Posts: 97 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page