RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amschlepping Through America

Author Topic: Amschlepping Through America
Charles Reuben
Member # 2263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Reuben   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I will be leaving for Chicago in a few days. Does anybody know if the lockers are still available for rental at Union Station?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Chucky (edited 06-25-2004).]

Posts: 324 | From: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chucky - I don't believe there are any more lockers at Chicago Union Station; however, if you are traveling 1st class (in a sleeper), there are places to store your baggage in the Metropolitan Lounge.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a4ester
Member # 3147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for a4ester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were at the Chicago station at the end of April and lockers were available.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was in Chicago Union Station first week of May. Lockers are available. However myself and two others were unable to get any that were vacant to work.(About 1/3). The Metropolitan Lounge will store baggage --- but be aware they will not take laptops. (Quite understandable --- but that laptop seems to increase in weight the longer it is carried.) There was a number to call for assistance with the lockers. None of us bothered --- so I can not tell you if doing so would mean an in-house attendant would appear to assist you.
Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Chicago on the 21st of June and the Lockers were available. One thing that annoyed me was that I had it payed for one hour and the moment it ticked over to the 2nd hour (meaning I had to pay another $4) the call for the SW Chief came through meaning I had to pay $4 for one minute!! Grrr

There are two sizes of locker and the big one easily took my huge back pack and the other small one which allowed me to roam the station, have a beer, food and get a feeling for the atmosphere... I did not like the lounge it was too crowded so it was good to just walk around the station!

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page