RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » History of Amtraks F40s

Author Topic: History of Amtraks F40s
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a page kinda like that one with all the Superliner numbers, except I'm looking for one like that with F40s, And I'm also looking for a web page or something that has a record of were they went, a Rail Magazine I read said that some went to Alaska and a place called "Rail World Locomotive Leasing" and some got stored,,

dose any one know the rest of the story about were the rest went?

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 of them is now in Metrolinks hands as Number 800 and will soon get an SD60 powerplant in it and ive seen a site b4 but i cant remember wht it was but http://www.hebners.net/amtrak/ has some photos of almost every single unit but doesnt say where they went
Posts: 98 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr.Kenny Ortiz
many were just scrapped that has been noted many times before in this forum and others
also in most of the Train Mags have written a story or two on this.
also do a google search

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY NAME IS JONATHON DAVID ORTIZ.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak F40 #307 has been donated to and is on display at the North Carolina Transportation History Museum in Spencer, NC. Saw her there just this past Sunday.

Plans call for #307 to be a part of the exhibits in the currently being restored Southern Railway Backshop at Spencer.

------------------
David Pressley

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak #231 is preserved by a private party in Portland,Or.There is an F40 in the California State Railroad Museum.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These 2 webpages have all the info you are requesting. The first page just so happens to be the OFFICIAL webpage of the preserved F40PHR231 in Portland, Oregon :
http://www.f40phr231.org/

This "GoByTrain" website has an EXTENSIVE listing and current status of Amtrak Locomotives and cars:
http://gobytrain.us/amtrak/notes/index.html

The information on those two pages should answer your questions!
-- Daniel

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page