RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Ghost Train

Author Topic: Ghost Train
North American Railroader
Member # 3398

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for North American Railroader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've read the article featured on Train Web, entitled "The Ghost Train". Tell me what you think, give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. Thanks!
Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a very good story .I actually felt the summer heat and humidity.I have been at closed stations waiting for late trains.Fortunately I wasn't waiting at night with a drunk passed out at the end of the platform.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverStar092
Member # 2652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStar092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son tells it like it is. It was HOT, MUGGY, and miserable. Thankfully the drunk guy stayed at his end of the platform but I expected a late night passerby motorist to get out and "inspect" our luggage. It is not a good situation at all.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was really good
e-mail please barwell12@aol.com

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was really good!!! http://www.trainweb.com/cgi-bin/top/tw_do.cgi?travelogues/2004/2004g24b.html

What station was he at?

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CoastStarlight99:
That was really good!!! http://www.trainweb.com/cgi-bin/top/tw_do.cgi?travelogues/2004/2004g24b.html

What station was he at?

I believe it said Tallahassee.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
North American Railroader
Member # 3398

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for North American Railroader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we were at Tallahassee. It's really a shame that the station is left unstaffed.
Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverStar092
Member # 2652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStar092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until they unstaffed it, I spent a lot of time at the Tallahassee station and observed many potential customers choose Amtrak because the agent was able to provide expertise about train travel. Now those people have nobody to turn to as few travel agents know anything about trains. So I imagine many of those folks just give up on taking the train. Not all were catching the Sunset as many wanted to ride out of Jacksonville or even drive to Sanford for the AutoTrain. In saving the agent's salary, Amtrak likely has cost itself more in revenue.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverStar092
Member # 2652

Rate Member
We were glad we had a cell phone to call a cab before we arrived back in Tallahassee at 2:45am (14 hours late). As bad as our wait was leaving, it would have been worse to arrive to a closed depot in the middle of the night. There is no pay phone anywhere on the property either.
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont get it, there was no ghost Train

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page