TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak Support

Author Topic: Amtrak Support
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following quote is part of a response I received today from CA Senator Barbara Boxer who is on the Commerce Science and Transportation Committee of the Senate. Perhaps we could all encourage our Senators to support S. 104. Can you imagine?

Just as the federal government helps to
fund highways and airports, so too is it
important to assist in maintaining a viable
national passenger rail system. That is why I am
pleased to be a cosponsor of the National Defense
Rail Act, S. 104. This bill would authorize $2.7
billion annually for Amtrak, and it proposes
$1.55 billion annually for grants to states for
high-speed rail planning and implementation.

Amtrak is a key component of our nation's
rail transportation infrastructure. I fully
support the $1.8 billion dollars that Amtrak has
requested in order to continue to provide safe
and efficient rail travel for our nation.

Please be assured that I will fight for
Amtrak. Please do not hesitate to contact me
again about this or any other issue of concern to
you.

Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M190
Member # 3009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here is the text...
http://www.theorator.com/bills108/s104.html

Posts: 106 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
City and M190 - I just read through S. 104 -- what is the current status of that? I see it was introduced last year.

Also, concerning the very last section of the bill concerning the Alaska Railroad -- is passenger service on the Alaska Railroad being discontinued?

[This message has been edited by RRRICH (edited 08-25-2004).]

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M190
Member # 3009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No clue rrrich, I just found that m'self.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! A Democrat does something I agree with.
Tomorrow morning I expect to read in the paper that Amtrak has recieved equal funding with highways and airlines,World peace is declared, and the Seattle Mariners win the World Series!:-)

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

[This message has been edited by espeefoamer (edited 08-25-2004).]

[This message has been edited by espeefoamer (edited 08-25-2004).]

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
espeefoamer;
There were quite a few democrats endorsing S. 1991 in 2002. Even Kerry was one of a number of sponsors.

Of course he changed his mind the next day, but he was one of the "in crowd" for a day....

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page