RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Routes/Tracks damage report?

Author Topic: Routes/Tracks damage report?
yummykaz
Member # 475

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for yummykaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supposed to take Crescent to NY from NOL in a few months...any reports on the tracks yet?
Posts: 168 | From: Spring TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Washington, D.C. for a family wedding and am supposed to take the Crescent to NOL on Sunday night. The website shows it as not operating tonight, Thursday. Any thoughts, info on what might be going on? It looks like NOL had minimal damage so we plan to go ahead with that part of this trip.

Frank, usually in sunny SBA but tonight in humid soon to be soaked DCA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverStar092
Member # 2652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStar092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect you'd have to keep checking as Ivan is supposed to cause massive flooding in northern Alabama and maybe NW Georgia. This could impact its route from Atlanta to Birmingham which would cause cancellations. At this point, it is too early to tell.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak just announced that train 19 will resume normal operation as of Sat. 9/18.
You should be all set except for possible operational delays due to weather, etc.

Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. It's raining lightly in D.C. right now (Friday Night) and there were tornados near Dulles Airport this afternoon. I've been checking with Amtrak and it appears to be a go for Sunday night. I do expect there will be some delays, though.

Frank in wet DCA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Good Morning!

I just spoke with Amtrak and they tell me that the Crescent will be operating today, 09/19. We're about ready to check out and head to Union Station on the Metro Red Line. Having lunch with an old Peace Corps friend and some sightseeing. Hope to be able to leave our bags at the Club Acela.

More later,

Frank in sunny, cool DCA.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page