RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » SEA Lockers? Left Luggage?

Author Topic: SEA Lockers? Left Luggage?
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm planning my next trip which will be SEA/PDX on the Cascade and PDX/SBA on the Starlight.

I'll be dropped at King Street by my brother who is flying home and will have three to four hours to kill downtown. Are there lockers at the station and/or a left luggage facility?

Thanks in advance.

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenchappell
Member # 2245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenchappell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In June this year took the Empire Builder out of SEA and there was no evidence of left luggage facilities.

Did the same trip last year and actually used a left luggage room but that had been completely removed as part of the ongoing refurbishment of the station.

However my observation does date back to June so things may have changed by now.

Posts: 28 | From: Bristol England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to check luggage for a few hours in the baggage room in late August of this year. $2/bag, if I recall.
Chris

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. Right now it looks like I'll be taking the morning Cascades so won't need to check anything. I'll also have that much extra time in PDX. It will mean an early morning start from Lynnwood to get to King Street in time for the train.

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page