RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Horn / Lights

Author Topic: Horn / Lights
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey does anyone know what company Amtrak gets its locomotive horn and front headlights from? -Thanks
Posts: 106 | From: Hilton NY USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
F59PHI2014
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F59PHI2014   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the horns are Nathan K5LA's. I do not know about the lights. If you are planing to use these on a vehicle let me know and I will give you the links to a few places that sell the flasher units for the lights, however, to have flashing lights on your car other than your turnsignals and hazards is highly illegal, so think twice before you commit to anything.
Posts: 11 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I'm a member of the Rochester Chapter NRHS here in NY. We are restoring an old Russell wooden snowplow. The site is here... www.wagplow.org

We're looking to add the horn and light back on the front.

Posts: 106 | From: Hilton NY USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
F40PHR231
Member # 1350

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F40PHR231   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your best bet is to contact a scrapper in the process of scrapping locomotives... Larry's Truck & Electric has a dozen or so Amtrak F40s.

They sell parts at a reasonable price too.

Posts: 82 | From: Irvine, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have any contact info available? Websites or email? Phone numbers? -Thanks

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page