RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Crescent update?

Author Topic: Crescent update?
yummykaz
Member # 475

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for yummykaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are about to take the train from NOL to NYC! We have done this train several times, each time being an amazing trip!
Just wondering how on time it is etc...
Thanks!!!!

Posts: 168 | From: Spring TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it round trip to Atlanta a few days before and after Thanksgiving and it was fine--on time one way, less than half an hour late the other. The train wasn't so busy when it left NYC (though Penn Station was mobbed) but was completely full by the time we left Alexandria, VA--ditto on the return trip, full between Atlanta and Alexandria, then lots of people began getting off at each stop. The staff was very nice. I cannot report on meals other than breakfast, because I decided to go coach (because I am saving money for other upcoming train trips) and I brought my own rations, so the only meal I had in the dining car was breakfast on the return, because I do like to use the dining car at least once on a trip. I got there really early, before the car opened, and waited until they did. I had no trouble getting a seat. The eggs and juice were fine. I also had the grits because I'm dieting, but I didn't think they were prepared all that well; the home fries are better. It was only $6, plus tip.

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page