RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Surfliner Horizon Consist

Author Topic: Surfliner Horizon Consist
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to be taking a trip to San Juan Capistrano some time this week and I believe I am going to take the
12:25PM train out of LAX, this train originates in SLO so I believe it is a Horizon consist. Therefore there is no business class right? I have never been on a single level Amtrak train, only a high speed Eurostar in Italy. Are the Horizons nice? They look fairly worn on the outside, but they seem like quality trains. I am looking forward to this trip alot.

CS99

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pismobum
Member # 2628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pismobum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 12:25 train out of LAX is 774 - a regular surfliner (with biz class) from SLO to SAN. Only 798 (arriving in the evening) is a Horizon train, and it does not operate south of LA. Likewise 799 is Horizons and originates in LA in the morning. The other SLO train (775) runs thru LA from SAN and is regular surfliner equipment.
Posts: 114 | From: pismo beach CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I love the Heritage cars, having worked them and ridden in them for years. I think they ride better than the Surfs; they are more "train-like." Ppl like the Amazing Chris may disagree with me, but give me low levels anytime. I would make an exception to the old Hi Level "Budd" cars the ATSF and early AMTK used to run...those rode well also. I'm dating myself and may be the oldest member of this forum, except for Mr. Norman (just kidding...)
Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to ride on any car and any time on any rail. The older the better!

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that, O Amazing One! Maybe I'll see you at LA Live Steamers someday and we can ride the narrow gauge...fun and free! I appear there from time to time...
RR Bob, the Elusive One~

Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page