RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Cancelling a Reservation on the Internet

Author Topic: Cancelling a Reservation on the Internet
Grandma Judy
Member # 3278

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grandma Judy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been some discussion about policies & procedures in cancelling Amtrak trips. I made a reservation last October to Amtrak to see the grandkids in February on the Amtrak website. The tickets were purchased, but not yet picked up at the station. I was able to cancel the trip today on the website - no fees charged - for total amount, including accommodations. Online verification was printed with confirmation number & a confirming email arrived in my mailbox before I could say " Empire Builder". Sure did make things convenient (but I'll hold on to the paper until I see the refund on my credit card).
Posts: 122 | From: Milwaukee, WI USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has been my experience recently too. The trick seem to be to have made the booking online and not to have had the tickets issued yet. Then - No Problemo.

Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBriz09
Member # 3166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBriz09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by City of Miami:
That has been my experience recently too. The trick seem to be to have made the booking online and not to have had the tickets issued yet. Then - No Problemo.

I agree, and it's not just online. Last summer we made reservations over the phone with an agent for bedrooms and such on the Chief, but plans changed and the next day we needed to change the reservation for the Zephyr instead. We called Amtrak and were able to change the train for no fees whatsoever... the agent told us that since the tickets had not been issued or mailed yet, there was no fee.

Posts: 93 | From: Batavia, IL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page