RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Sunset Ltd - one round trip NOL-ORL axed until May

Author Topic: Sunset Ltd - one round trip NOL-ORL axed until May
mr williams
Member # 1928

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let you know in case you haven't seen this: due to track work by CSX the Sunday evening departure eastbound from LAX will terminate in New Orleans. The Thursday westbound train from Orlando will start from NOL on Fridays. This takes effect from TODAY (Feb 1st) until May 20th. Buses will replace the missing trains but only until March 1st. There doesn't seem to have been a great deal of notice given of this, and I have been keeping a close lookout for any proposed changes to the Sunset schedules as I have booked a coast-to-coast trip which is fortunately unaffected (so far)as I am on the westbound Sunday. Anybody know any more on this, or any rumours about more general schedule changes?
Posts: 395 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Dehlinger
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Dehlinger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I would not stake my life on this, but I think this is much-needed maintenance, due to 2 things: 1) Defrerred maintenance and 2) Damage from hurricanes.

The schedule was lengthened last summer by about 1-2 hours, so I ASSUME this is to aleviate that. I hope they areadding and extending sidings also, since this is a CSX choke-point,and the Sunset already has another one between El Paso and LAX!

Cheers,

Rob

Posts: 33 | From: Arlington Hts,IL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page