RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Purchase a St. Louis Amshack Shirt

Author Topic: Purchase a St. Louis Amshack Shirt
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help fill in the gaps at the new "temporary" station here in St. Louis, MO.

http://aar-therailroaders.org/0502-shirt.htm

Cool shirts indeed.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to the "temporary" Amshack at St. Louis? Has a "permanent" location been found finally, or is there another "temporary" station somewhere? Where is the new station?
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RRRICH:
What happened to the "temporary" Amshack at St. Louis? Has a "permanent" location been found finally, or is there another "temporary" station somewhere? Where is the new station?

Right before Christmas they opened a new 'interim' station in St. Louis. There was a picture of the new facility in one of the December NARP weekly 'hotlines' (<www.narprail.org>).

The 'interim' station is a brick structure a few hundred yards west of the temporary station which was used for 25 years. The 'interim' station will wind up being the crew building when the new St. Louis station is opened.

The 'temporary' station had to be replaced becuase it was in the way of the planned 'new' station which will also serve buses and will include a walkway to the lightrail.

You probably need to buy a program to keep up with all of it, huh?

David Pressley

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Dehlinger
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Dehlinger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

Well, whatever is going on there it certainly is nicer than the trailer was.

Plus it has a much more permenant look about it!

Cheers!

Rob [Big Grin]

Posts: 33 | From: Arlington Hts,IL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will gladly purchase one, I wish they had an online payment processor but i'll send a M.O... I love the small stations and its sad to see them go. [Frown]
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, this is one small station you would not be sad to see go.

But yes, the new station is only about 20 parking spaces to the west of Amshack.

The main feature of the new station is the grass in front to greet trains. It's quite a sight, and there's nothing to it. It's just plain old grass. But to see so much green in the concrete district of STL, is awkward to say the least.

I've seen a model photo of the future STL train/bus/metrolink station, and I can't wait til 2006 when it opens. I just hope Amtrak is still around.
It's a great idea to include the buses into the mix, as the greyhound station couldn't be in a worse neighborhood.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page