RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » A few new pictures

Author Topic: A few new pictures
Michael Christiansen
Member # 3604

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Michael Christiansen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback I got concerning my website. A few days ago I developed the last roll of film from my trip. I have just finished adding 9 new photos on my site. They are from my last day in Chicago. Of interest are pictures of the hotel Amtrak put me up in and a few from the art museum.
If you click on the link below, scroll down to the bottom where I posted an "update" link.
Hope you enjoy!

--------------------
Mike
www.trainweb.org/xcrr5375

Posts: 50 | From: New Hyde Park, nY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Mike--

Thanks for the update. Do you remember the name of the hotel? How close was it to Union Station?

I know you saw Frank Gehry's Disney Concert Hall in LA. In today's LA Times there was an article about how they have decided to dull down the shiniest panels of the exterior by doing a power sanding to the tune of $110,000. The reflections were causing problems for neighbors in the condos across the street including glare and high temperatures. It's still a gorgeous building.

Frank in rainy (Again!) SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Christiansen
Member # 3604

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Christiansen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was pretty reflective. I guess the tarp wasn't able to do it enough. I am surprised that this problem wasn't caught in planning!

Hmm the hotel name... It was the Crowne Plaza @ Allerton. Right on the Magnificent Mile

--------------------
Mike
www.trainweb.org/xcrr5375

Posts: 50 | From: New Hyde Park, nY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,

Very nice site, and photos. Its always nice to see people that put both images and text in trip reports. I always do to.

Keep riding those rails!

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page