RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Contributions Needed! American Train Station Directory!

Author Topic: Contributions Needed! American Train Station Directory!
TheBriz09
Member # 3166

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for TheBriz09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American Train Station Directory is now living in its more permanent home! How exciting.

http://www.trainweb.org/atsd/

Not much there yet, of course, but hopefully that will change soon. So, the big announcement here is:

Now accepting contributions!
A number of you have offered assistance in contributing your vast knowledge about your home stations, for which I am very grateful. There are a couple of different ways to make your voice heard. Head to http://www.trainweb.org/atsd/contribute.htm and fill out the form, though due to my limited form knowledge at the present time it is merely an email form and so all you'll really be sending me is a glorified email message.

Option 2: Filling out a simple Microsoft Word document, available at http://www.trainweb.org/atsd/contribute.doc . Fill it out however you please, and then email it to me at David-Breisch@augustana.edu .

Also email me or reply to this post with any questions, comments, or concerns that you might have. Thanks!

Posts: 93 | From: Batavia, IL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, this is terrific! I'll need to do a bit of research, and make a visit to the station for some details. I'll get what I can to you as soon as I can.

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David--

I'll start doing the research for SBA and GOL.

Frank in sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do Joliet, IL. This looks like fun!
Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will do Minneapolis/St.Paul, and perhaps some others I am familiar with. But, as a computer illiterate, I have a couple of questions:
(1) Once you submit a form, can you go back and edit it or add to it?
(2) Where do you specify the name of the station, and would the same info be duplicated for St.Paul and Minneapolis? (we quaint, traditional St.Paulites get kind of testy about our beautiful friendly undiscovered city/smalltown getting lumped in with our glitzy over-hyped neighbor -lol).

Also, how about a description of what you see as you roll through town?

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've sent my contribution via e-mail attachment. If there are any problems, let me know. I hope to provide more info, as soon as I can get out there for more research. I'm taking a trip through there next month, so I should have a little more to add by mid May.

I also sent information about this to others in my address book who may be interested in contributing. I would encourage others to do the same.

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent my information on SBA and GOL.

Frank in Sunny, Warm SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got some pictures of the exterior of NHV I was about to take some pictures of interior but the Security said no. I'll send them soon
Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page