RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Best Trip Yet!

Author Topic: Best Trip Yet!
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just returned from my spring Amtrak opera adventure. After visiting family in GA, I left Atlanta on the Crescent (half an hour late) to NYP arriving about an hour early. The train seemed to be full with lots of kids thanks to spring break. A week (and five operas) later I took the Capital from Washington to Chicago arriving about a half hour late. The Acela lounge in Washington was impressive with internet access available and a place to stash my stuff while I visited the Postal museum across the street. The Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago was a few notches down and very crowded, but they tended my stuff while I walked around the loop for a few hours and visited Millenium Park. The Zephyr left on time - I thought of Mr. Norman in Galesberg area out walking his *** or whatever and watching the trains go by, but I didn't know where to look and didn't see any likely candidates. We lost 20minutes at the east portal of Moffat tunnel waiting for a broken down freight to get out and maintained that schedule til SLC where we lost another 90 minutes somehow. We arrived at Emeryville an hour late. Everything was in good working order on all trains; the crews were unfailingly polite, helpful and cheerful; the food was excellent and plentiful! And what a magnificent country rolled by out my window hour after hour! I had a wonderful time and hated to see it come to an end.
I intend to write a letter to Mr. David Gunn informing him (names of crew members, etc.) and congratulating him and encouraging him to keep it up. Does anyone know the best address to use to get to him - or, better yet, a fax number?

Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go:

Mr. David L. Gunn
President & CEO
Amtrak
60 Massachusetts Ave., NE
Washington, DC 20002

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the report. Another satisfied customer!

I also note with some amusement that even with the recent Railforum system upgrades, we still have our little quirk in the profanity filter. One of those things that makes life just a little more interesting.

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page