RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » NOLA hotel

Author Topic: NOLA hotel
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a reccomendation near the station?
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capltd29
Member # 3292

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capltd29   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Hotel Le Cirque, in Lee Circle, its not too far, and it's my understanding that the Amtrak Crew stays there and you might be able to catch a ride with them, if not, taxi fare isnt a great expense.

I stayed there a year ago, it was reasonable, and on the street car line.

Jon Parker

Posts: 143 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is NOLA? If you mean New Orleans, I would recommend the Holiday Inn-Downtown on Tulane street -- it's only a few blocks away from Union Station, and an easy cab ride or walk.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capltd29
Member # 3292

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capltd29   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe its New Orleans.......

--------------------
Have you hugged a train today?

Posts: 143 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to my web site at:

http://www.trainweb.org/chris

on the home page there is a link to Hotels.

Click on that and in New Orleans you will find a direct link to the Maison-St Charles that I use.

It is a easy walk just west of Lee Circle and the St Charles Streetcar runs right in front of it.
If you go to my trip story page you can read and see pictures from my December Trip there.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHANGEATJAMAICA
Member # 3737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHANGEATJAMAICA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE'LL BE O/NING IN NOL THIS JUNE. OUR SELECTION WAS THE EMBASSY SUITES AT 315 JULIA STREET, JUST ABOUT 1.4 MILES FROM THE STATION. THE RATE OF APPROX $120/NITE EXCEEDS CHRIS' SELECTION BY ABOUT $30...BUT INCLUDES FULL BREAKFAST.
RODGER

Posts: 83 | From: MERRIMAC,MA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I was in NOLA we stayed at the Cotton Exchange Hotel. It is, in fact, connected to the next door Holiday Inn Express. During slow times check in is actually at the Holiday Inn desk. The Holiday Inn's rate was lower and included Continental Breakfast.

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stlboomer
Member # 2028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlboomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest the Hyatt - pricey, but just a short walk from the station.
Posts: 103 | From: St. Louis, MO USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHANGEATJAMAICA
Member # 3737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHANGEATJAMAICA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'd suggest the Hyatt - pricey, but just a short walk from the station". Pricey? At a little over $300 a night I'd call that down right expensive.
Rodger

Posts: 83 | From: MERRIMAC,MA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I'd suggest the Hyatt - pricey, but just a short walk from the station". Pricey? At a little over $300 a night I'd call that down right expensive. Rodger
No Rodger... That is insanely expensive, or outrageously expensive, or Donald Trump expensive. It is not "down right" expensive.

The bad part about staying there is, you will be asleep for about 8 hours of your insanely expensive stay at that hotel...

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHANGEATJAMAICA
Member # 3737

Member Rated:
Ok, ok, so I have a tendecy to understatement.
As Sam Levine sang in GUYS AND DOLLS, "...so sue me".
Rodger

Robkno
Member # 3722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robkno   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend you try the Amerihost Inn & Suites on Canal at Loyola. It's about a 8 blocks from the station, a brisk walk or a cheap cab ride. The hotel used to be the Clarion, but has been significantly spruced up and has nice rooms, great service (and a helpful concierge), a good complimentary breakfast, and you can usually snag a room for less than $80 a night. It's on the Canal St. streetcar line, a short ride to the anywhere in the French Quarter or Riverwalk areas. Bourbon Street is within easy walking distance.
Posts: 11 | From: Jefferson City, MO, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page