RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » SLEEPING CAR LAYOUTS

Author Topic: SLEEPING CAR LAYOUTS
CHANGEATJAMAICA
Member # 3737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHANGEATJAMAICA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On our recent trip I was reading the safety information card and noticed one of the cars indicated along the top had ALL bedrooms, no roomettes. What trains carry these cars?
Posts: 83 | From: MERRIMAC,MA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Auto-Train, which carries a greater percentage of upscale passengers (many of them retirees) than any other Amtrak train apart from the Acela.
Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SubwayNut
Member # 3948

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SubwayNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious if there is any place on the internet with these layouts?

--------------------
Visit my trains and subways website: www.subwaynut.com (It has more then just subways!)

Posts: 38 | From: Manhattan, NY/Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SubwayNut, I don't know if you mean the standard layouts or the Auto Train-specific layouts. Here's the former:

http://www.trainweb.org/crocon/sleeperplans.html

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming there is room for five additional Bedrooms on the Auto Train cars on the upper level. What is the lower level like?

Frank in cloudy, damp SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim
Member # 65

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had the family bedroom on Auto Train and was booked in one of these "deluxe sleepers" (as they are called.) The lower level is identical to any other Superliner II - 1 family room, 4 roomettes, and an accessible bedroom.
These are the cars to be booked in if you are booking a family room or roomette... since all of the rooms upstairs have their own lavatory and shower, you are sharing the toilets and shower only with those folks with you downstairs. So they stay cleaner (and you are more likely to have them unoccupied whn you need one!)

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page