RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » new promotion

Author Topic: new promotion
reich
Member # 2564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for reich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a Midwest Airlines newsletter I received was noted, for amtrak travel between August 15, 2005 & December 15, 2005. On the Amtrak internet site enter V648 in the promotion code box, a companion's coach portion fare is free.
Posts: 15 | From: Mke, WI, USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip. I may have to plan another trip.
Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently there are some blackout dates involved. I tried to use this code for a trip on the Empire Builder in mid-October and got an error message saying the code was not valid on that trip. I noticed that that particular train was SOLD OUT completely in the sleepers. The new enhancements must be drawing customers!

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to access info about this promotion on the Amtrak site and can't find anything about it. Every train I try says it is not valid on this train. Has anyone been able to get more information?
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeartlandExpress
Member # 3386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeartlandExpress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like it is only available to Midwest Airlines Miles members.

www.midwestmiles.com

select Newsletter

select Free Amtrak companion ticket

Posts: 18 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the Midwest website it is only valid on certain trains. These include the Empire Builder and Zephyr. The Amtrak website doesn't ask for a Midwestmiles # but does return the message that it is not a valid promotion. Perhaps it hasn't been "loaded" into the Amtrak system yet.

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BEST Amtrak promo right now is the ARE WE THERE YET on DVD coupon for 20% off any Amtrak travel excluding the NEC, and a few other routes..but its a great deal and it expires August 31. I have a coupon (promo code) and if your going on Amtrak for a semi-long run I would pick up a copy of the DVD just for the discount.
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page