RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » LAX Union Station

Author Topic: LAX Union Station
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me if there is a baggage storage service available at Los Angeles Union Station ?
Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Hours are 7AM to 10:30PM. As you come from the trains it would be to your right before you enter the main waiting room.

Hopefully I'll be there tomorrow night (09/30) if the current fires don't cut the line again.

Frank in hazy SBA. Red hot sunset caused by the smoke in the Channel.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
passengertrainlover
Member # 3799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for passengertrainlover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i KNOW WHEN i WAS IN CHICAGO LAST MONTH, YOU COULD RENT A LOCKER FOR $9:00 24 HRS IN THE BAGGAGE CLAIM AREA
Posts: 12 | From: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is a charge for baggage storage at LAUPT but, of course, a tip is always welcome. Be sure to check the hours they are open, of course. I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow (10/06) when I am there between the arrival of my Surfliner from SBA and the departure of #4. I suspect I'll head to TRAXX for an adult beverage to while away the time.

Frank in dark and finally cooling SBA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiernan
Member # 3828

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiernan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is a charge for baggage storage at LA. Well, at least there was the last time I was there. Two or three dollars, I think.

--------------------
Kiernan

Posts: 155 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
I checked when I passed through LAUPT on Thursday and was told the fee is $2.00 per piece and they are open from "around" 7AM to "around" 10PM.

I had a great trip LAX/ABQ on #4. Early arrival.
I'll post a report when I get home.

Frank in rainy ABQ where the last day of the Balloon Fiesta was cancelled due to weather at launch time.

RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all who replied to my question, especially "sbalax". I will be flying into Burbank from New York on Nov. 3, and taking the Metrolink to Union Station. Need to store my luggage for the day, and will then take the Pacific Surfliner to San Diego.
Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Russ--

Remember that Amtrak Pacific Surfliners also serve BUR. I just got home from flights on Southwest from ABQ to PHX and into BUR. I had an hour between arrival at BUR and the departure of the northbound Pacific Surfliner #785. When I called Julie after gettting off the plane she said it would be 14 minutes late but by the time I walked to the station (10 minutes max) and called again she said it would be five minutes late. It actually arrived on time and also arrived in SBA on time. It was quite full (Sunday night) with college kids. B/C was almost full although I had a seat to myself but was riding backwards. I had to go to the Cafe Car to get my complimentary wine and there were no more snack packs. I'll post a report on my SBA/LAX/ABQ trip tomorrow.

Frank, tired but happy, in dark SBA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page