RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New pix of Amtrak stations

Author Topic: New pix of Amtrak stations
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The famous "Japanese Guy" who's obsessed with photographing Amtrak stations recently did a major update on his web site.

It now features photo galleries of 496 of the 528 stations coast to coast, including most of the long-promised stations in the Northeast.

Click here:

http://snow.prohosting.com/usarail/index.html

Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. David
Member # 4055

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. David     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see he's effectively avoided NYP. That's not an east feat. LOL
Posts: 64 | From: NYC (NYP) | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that a few weeks ago, he's almost got the whole country!

He did do NYP ... http://snow.prohosting.com/usarail/newyork.htm

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really love this guy's site! It was the very first site to get bookmarked when I moved all my stuff over to a new laptop 6 weeks ago!

I use it for 'virtual train trips' and also when planning trips. These pictures are very helpful when determining just what amenities a station does or does not have.

Now if he'd only get those Vermont stations up!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a Station/Terminal fan more then a Train fan I love how he includes out of service stations or other use stations. Thank you for including Richmonds Union Station, now a science musuem, the old train platforms are in better condition then most working stations.
Glad he included Pittsburgh's Union Station, now condo's, Detroit's Mich Central Ghost, where's Buffalo? also the Old Union Station in Providence Station has been renovated into restraunts and office space along with public space in front of the canal system you can still see the remnants of the train areas. I'm suprised he didn't include a picture of it.

I hope he begins to include commuter lines as well there are some great century old and renovated stations in Westchester and Connecticut along the Metro North Lines. And Yes we all miss the Vermont Stations these the old Ski Train routes.

Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page