RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » My train trip around the country !!

Author Topic: My train trip around the country !!
passengertrainlover
Member # 3799

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for passengertrainlover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys
Well I took my train trip around the country (well at least midwest & central). I started in Los angles with the coaststarlight to Tacoma then the cascade to Seattle. Then I took the new Empire builder over to Chicago. Then took the Lakeshore Limited to Toledo & back to Chicago. Then I took the Texas Eagle train down to San Antonio. Spent the night and then the Sunset Limited train to El Paso. I live in phoenix & we do not have a amtrak station any more. So I had to fly from El Paso into Phx. I had the best time ever. 12 days of pure train fun. You can check out my pictures at http://members.cox.net/passengertrainlover/
Thanks Passenger Train lover
passengertrainlover@cox.net [Big Grin]

Posts: 12 | From: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful pics !!
Would love to hear more detailed trip log.
Those pictures of San Antonio have got me dreaming of a Spring trip.
Dee

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mary_228
Member # 3826

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mary_228   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics! Would love to do that leg through Glacier Nat'l Park. What made you go to Toledo?
Posts: 72 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
passengertrainlover
Member # 3799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for passengertrainlover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi mary_228 - I have some family that live near Toledo in wauseon oh. My dad dead dads wife and my half sister who I had not seen since my dad died in 1990. My half sis was on;y about 2 yrs old. Now she's 18. So it was nice to reconnect. I was really looking forward to East & West Glacier Nat'l Park. We got there about 8:00 in the morning. They have this little hotel right off the tracks in essex called
Izaak walton inn and the train stops there. I would also like to see it when there is snow all around (being from phoenix). It was only $244.00 for Rail and a sleeper-roomette., from seattle to chicago. If you are not in a hurry I would take the trip !!!

Posts: 12 | From: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boyce
Member # 2719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pictures of the River Walk and the Alamo are GREAT!! Thank you for sharing them.
Posts: 113 | From: San Antonio, Texas,USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page