RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » TrainWeb's Rail Meet Up-(sorta off topic)

Author Topic: TrainWeb's Rail Meet Up-(sorta off topic)
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incase any of you were wondering why I failed to bring the Pictures I promised to the Rail Meet Up, I wasnt being lazy or any thing and I know a few of you have been wanting see those Pix, but Because of Family Issues I couldnt Make it.

If you dont atend the Rail Meet up or feel this Post is pontless, then just Ignore-

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I intend to show up at the meeting tonight,as I am now at the Fullerton Library writing this post,and am onle 2 blocks away from the Rail Restaurant.

--------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.
Check out the NEW Western Rail
http://rrredneck.proboards99.com./index.cgi

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to bad, I realy wanted to go, maybe I'll see you at the next one, the 4th Monday of next month, Lemy know how it went [Smile]

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad you didn't make it. After the meeting David Gunn came through on the Southwest Chief
and stopped having dinner in the Beech Grove to talk with our group on the ballast at the end of the platform.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
I cant belive that happend! I've always wanted to meet Davivd Gunn, Do you think I'll ever get a chance to meet Mr.Gunn like you did?

[ 10-25-2005, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Moderator ]

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be around the next time he leaves LAX on Train 4 through Fullerton. This is the second time I have been with him in Fullerton. Gunn gets out here at least once a year.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Same time?- the 24th?

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
No telling,
just keep a look out on the boards daily for his where abouts. Where the Beech Grove goes Gunn will either be on it or boarding on the end point for his next trip.

Chris

JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
oh..

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Say did he plan to show up for the meeting or did it was it just a coinsidence?

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
He just happened to be passing through Fullerton after our meeting so we all walked out to wait for him on Train 4, He was having dinner but stopped eating his dinner to come out and visit.

Chris

JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Cool

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page