RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Starlight Mid-November

Author Topic: Starlight Mid-November
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at www.amtrak.com for the Starlight SEA/SBA mid-November (specifically the 16th) and got two stange choices. Both involve "bustitutions". One is bus from Sacramento to Stockton and train from there to BFD and another bus to SBA. The second choice is train to Oakland Jack London, bus to San Jose and train (#1011) to SBA. What's up?

Frank in GORGEOUS SBA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stlboomer
Member # 2028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlboomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,

Southbound Coast Starlight will terminate in Oakland Nov 1-8 and 16-19 due to a UP tie replacement project. See NARP Hotline #421:

http://www.narprail.org/cms/index.php/hotline/more/hotline_421/

-Mark, in cold, rainy STL.

Posts: 103 | From: St. Louis, MO USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark--

And I'm a NARP member! I guess I need to pay closer attention to all the information they offer.

Actually, I would think that the bus between OKJ and SJC wouldn't be all that bad and might even make for an closer to ontime arrival in SBA. I'm going to have to think on this some.

Frank in HOT SBA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page