RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » How bad can it get?

Author Topic: How bad can it get?
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inotice #11 is running 8 hours late today. It was about 3 hours late into Eugene last night, then lost over six hours between there and K-Falls. Looks like it made up an hour since then.

What in blazes happened this time?

Something tells me my next trip to Oregon will be via I-5.

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rY.
Member # 3528

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rY.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if you have to be home by a certain time... is it me, or are the northbound trains doing far better than the southbound trains?
Posts: 108 | From: Culver City, CA, US | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP MOW work?
Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#11 is now 11.5 hours late, and still hasn't made Salinas. Last report was at San Jose.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bil
Member # 4276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching that today as well. I just hope when I ride it next month it is either that late so I can sleep through the night and not have to get off in LA at 1:00 in the morning when it is 4 hours late. 7:00 a.m. would be much better!

Bil

Posts: 15 | From: Cottage Grove, OR | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That happened to me once. 2 nites on the starlite. It was wonderful.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, #11 has been doing poorly all week, running 6-12 hours late into Salinas every single day. I check up the line and see that it loses much of its time in the Cascades.

#14 seems to be losing a lot of time in the Cascades, too, but not nearly as much.

No train trips north for me until this clears up.

George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How bad can it get?"

Mr. Toy, this is a question we learned to quit asking, because we found that we usually did not like the answer.

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Toy - has there been bad weather in the Cascades lately? Has that been one reason for the tardiness of #11?
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bil
Member # 4276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Eugene, OR, and will be taking the CS next month, and I have been watching the times. It has been at least 2-3 hours late in to Eugene the last few day, and we have had cold but dry weather in the NW for the past week. Hardly a cloud in the sky.

If the CS is already 2+ hours late in to Eugene, that isn't a good start.

Bil

Posts: 15 | From: Cottage Grove, OR | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in Oakland on Friday we saw #11 arrive about 6 hours late. I asked one of the coach attendants what the delay was and she said "Lots of freight".

Frank in sunny, cool, SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page