RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » NARP discount ?

Author Topic: NARP discount ?
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 5 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was planning to take a weekend trip to Santa Barbara next weekend. This morning I see a big storm is predicted for early in the week. If I leave 7am Friday morning, how late exactly can I wait to buy tickets with the NARP discount?

I am planning to take the San Joaquin down to Bakersfield (for the almond blossoms in the valley!)and throughway bus to SBA and then Sunday the Starlight back to San Francisco.

Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.amtrak.com says three days in advance. It sounds like a good trip. We were in the Valley last weekend on the way to Yosemite and many of the trees were in full bloom. A gorgeous sight.

I'm off on a Surfliner trip tomorrow (Sunday). We're hoping to get to Descanso Gardens for the camellias before the rain starts. It should be a rainy trip home on Monday. I'd much prefer being on the train to driving in that! BTW, I'll be taking the express bus from LAX Transit Center to Union Station. I'll report on how that worked out.

Frank in cloudy, cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page