RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » An April Fools Joke

Author Topic: An April Fools Joke
travelplus
Member # 3679

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for travelplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be funny to make a soundboard of all of Amtraks Julie commands espcially for train status.Someone could add the Ineractive commands so it will respond to whatever you say. Then we call Julie Sietter and have her try it.

For instance we could program the message to say"Before I go ahead and book this segement I have a service announcement congestion and accidents over which Train 14 the Coast Starlate travels over may cause delays you should plan for the possibillity of this train never making it to your destination". lol

Or "Get Details in the train status message". The latest report for Train 14 was at 10:40 AM when it was between Steve Grande's home and Train Web Headquarters I'm still waiting for an update.

Or better yet Did you say Sensday(Saturday) or Sunday lol?

Or when making a reservation it could say Sorry Due to the close departure of your train I'm going to need to transfer you to an Amtrak agent who may or may not be able to help you hold on I will pass along the information you provided.

Or we could have the system say"The latest report for Train 3 was out of Lamy New Mexico where it departed 24 hours and 4 minutes late due to a freight derailment at Raton".

Or"We have a service announcement due to lack of fnding this route will not have a dining car onboard we advise passengers to prepare themselves with Airline Meals and rubber chicken".

Hope we can make Julie laugh a bit(:.

Anyone here can do it?

Posts: 259 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once called 'Julie' for train status and where she originally would say "I'll look up you're train" I swear the message had bee altered to say "Let me see if I can find your train".

As if she had misplaced it behind a UP freigh or something.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abefroman329
Member # 3986

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abefroman329     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by notelvis:
I once called 'Julie' for train status and where she originally would say "I'll look up you're train" I swear the message had bee altered to say "Let me see if I can find your train".

As if she had misplaced it behind a UP freigh or something.

I think I heard the same thing yesterday!
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert L
Member # 3144

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an interesting "Julie" item. I was watching Jeopardy about a week or two past, and the middle newbe contestant of the three was none other than Julie herself. during the between session interview w/Alex she said she was the voice for many phones VMS including Amtrak. I was get a fresh glass of milk in the kitchen when I heard this and returned quickly to the dinner area where my TV is and sure enough it sounded just like her. Throughout the rest of the show, it was like making a call to Amtrak and getting Julie to answer Jeopardy questions. Well, she did not win, but it was one of the more unusual Jeopardy programs. Keep an eye out for reruns.
Posts: 39 | From: Detroit, MI, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page