RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » What's the deal with the CS roomette?

Author Topic: What's the deal with the CS roomette?
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they add another sleeper?
The Roomette has shown as sold out for a couple of weeks.
Now #14 on April 8 looks like this.

-

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen this happen often. Probably a glitch in the system when the same accomodation is offered at 2 fare levels or if a cancellation creates a vacancy. If another sleeper were available you would expect the other types of bedrooms to also show up.
Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen this before and, after a call to Amtrak, was told that it was either in the Transition Sleeper or actually the Handicapped Room being sold as a Roomette. Give them a call and ask. I notice that the "H" room is not listed as being available or sold out. I think there is a time limit after which it is released for general sale. That might also explain the higher fare.

Frank in wet SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice when you click on the the drop down menu for number of rooms, the options are 0 and 1. Frank may have the right answer.
Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange. Now it's showing 2 as an option.

-

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you enter more than two passengers (I tried it with 8) it shows there are three rooms. I couldn't figure out how to do the picture.
Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the double listing of roomettes quite a few times. I think it's a glitch in the system. Sometimes it will not only list the roomettes twice, but quote a separate price for each listing!
Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NYRailFan
Member # 2692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYRailFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The amtrak website is a wonderous place! But, I can't get over the price of the roomette
Posts: 26 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check VIA's prices (especially the Canadian)
Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very awkward indeed.

The CS should have 3 Sleeping Cars (Not including the Transition).

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think that the second offering for a roomette is for the Accesible Room. The website says that this room cannot be reserved online. 14 days before date of departure, if it is not reserved, it may be reserved by anyone. I suspect that this is how it shows up online when it is released for general sale.

Frank in still wet SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page