RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » North America Rail Pass increase

Author Topic: North America Rail Pass increase
royaltrain
Member # 622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for royaltrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just told by Via Rail that as of the 1st of April/06 the North America Rail Pass will be more expensive. I was quoted an off peak rate for seniors (I'll turn 60 this year) of $734, the current price being $627 (all quotes in Canadian dollars). I was told that this was due to Amtrak increasing its price. I was also told you could buy the pass at the old price before the 1st (this Saturday) and they would honour it for travel after the 1st of April. For those of you in the U.S. you may want to contact Amtrak to see if it is going up to the same extent as in Canada and perhaps buy it very soon.

I think I may forgo the pass this year as it appears more expensive than buying the tickets separately

Posts: 524 | From: Toronto Ont. Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page