RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » #11 and the bus

Author Topic: #11 and the bus
royaltrain
Member # 622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for royaltrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to various postings and an Amtrak service alert, #11 is being terminated at Oxnard yet passengers are bussed from Santa Barbara. The service alert says "on Tuesday through Saturday of each week train 11...will terminate in Oxnard." It goes on to say that passengers will be bussed from Santa Barbara. Is this happening regardless of how late the train is? I want to take #11 come this December, and the service alert says this disruption will last from the 1st of April through December/06. I certainly don't want to take this train if I end up on a bus. Does anyone think there is a chance that the tunnel work will be over by December? As well, if Amtrak must bus why not from Oxnard since they intend to terminate there anyway?
Posts: 524 | From: Toronto Ont. Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took the bus when I was on the starlight a few days ago, (it was actually from Santa Barbara not Oxnard like it said) and they said it would only be if the train was "very late". I would call Amtrak to get the real details since even the operating crew of our train didn't really know the details 100%.
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page