RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » My Spring Trip

Author Topic: My Spring Trip
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Chris Guenzler here.

Tomorow I take off on my Spring 2006 Trip and will be off line for most of that time. Here is the trip if any of you would like to follow along on my journety or stop by and say hello along the way.

4/13 583 Santa Ana to Los Angeles
4 Los Angeles to Chicago
4/15 30 chicago to Washington,DC
4/16 Corridior train to Philadephia
4/17 Septa and Camaden Light Rail plus others
4/18 642 Philadephia to Princeton Jct
NJT Princeton Branch
646 Philadephia to New York
Ride something in New York Area
New York Mets Game
4/19 51 New York to Chicago
4/20 3 Chicago to Los Angeles
4/22 ? Los Angeles to Santa Ana

I will be writing a full report as usual and will get to experience Full dining cars service on Train 4, SP Dining on Train 30, Tray Meals on 51 and SP on Train 3. Pictures will be included of everything that I will be served or seen.

http://www.trainweb.org/chris

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rrrayinmd
Member # 4148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rrrayinmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Railing!! - Ray
Posts: 34 | From: Carroll County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll be seeing the New River Gorge (#51) on the same day I ride through the Rockies (not around them!) on #5!

Have a fantastic trip and ain't spring break grand?

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can you aford 2 pay for all that Travel?

Wish I could do that [Smile]

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jonathan,

It comes with reaching adulthood and working full-time. Live modestly and save your disposable income for travel. It wouldn't hurt to join Amtrak Guest Rewards too so that the day trips you are able to do close to home start building points for free rail travel. When most of us were your age (I'm guessing you're in the 16-19 age range) we didn't manage to get out as far or as often. Your time is coming!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait for your trip report Chris. Have a great trip and be sure to inspect all the new food you experience and let us know. [Smile]
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said, Notelvis. Your time will come, Jonathan! Keep on working on your photography and computer skills.

Chris, I'll be looking for the trip report, too! Your "Spring Break" must be the week after Easter. I'm at that enviable stage where "Spring Break" is year round! I'll be doing a transatlantic crossing the end of the month but plan to do some train riding in England before I return.

Frank in dark but clear SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liberty Limited
Member # 4300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liberty Limited   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We might cross paths in Philly, as I have a 4.5 hour layover there on my own Spring Trip to Pittsburgh (corridor train arrives appx 715, pennsy leaves at 1145), during which I'll be doing some SEPTA fanning as well. mostly the subway surface car lines, and a trip on the #15 Girard Ave. line with its rebuilt PCCs.

--------------------
History of Baltimore and Baltimore Transit - Visit http://www.btco.net !

Posts: 86 | From: Baltimore | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope all the trips work out wonderfully. I am looking forward to everyone's reports!
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alive and well in Philly. Had SP dining the whole way. Did most of Septa off to New York
tommorrow.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got back on early one hour and nine minutes ealy into LAUPT. The story is written and will be in four parts. I'm still adding pictures to the two of the parts and will post here again when it is all done.

Chris

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
The story is done at:

http://www.trainweb.org/chris/swgone.html

It is a four part story.

Enjoy,

Chris

AHALL
Member # 3515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHALL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful trip report! When I read your reports, I feel like I am right there on the train.

One minor correction, the town in Pennsylvania is CONNELLSVILLE, the small town on the Youghiogheny River.

Posts: 76 | From: Steubenville, OH | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page