RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Thanks

Author Topic: Thanks
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was reading today's posts it occurred to me that we really have a great forum. It is made up of people of different backgrounds, ages, gender,view points and information. All the differences are so civilized. I feel as if I am always among friends. Isn't it too bad the world can't be this way. Thanks to all of you for adding another dimention of interest to my life.:>)
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrakwine
Member # 4265

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrakwine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Train lady you are so right. I really enjoy the conversation we all have
Posts: 22 | From: Austin Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like this forum is in Great shape!

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunsetLtd
Member # 3985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunsetLtd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow train lady has a point. We all are more like close friends than a message board.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Amsunset

www.facebook.com/kevinschillinger

Posts: 250 | From: Texas State University-San Marcos, Texas (Hometown El Paso, TX) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could not agree more. I know most of my comments have been received very warmly---which encourages me to keep responding.

There is a wealth of information many of us have and it is a real joy to share it.

Keep up the good work everyone !!

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, definitely one of the friendliest boards around! I don't think there are a large number of regular contributors which I think has a large bearing though.

Compare that to a well known aviation forum which has a cast of tens of thousands, over zealous moderators, and flaming so hot it contributes to global warming... It's a shame because, like here, it contains a huge wealth of information.

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking much the same thing lately. This is one of the most respectful groups I've seen on any internet forum, and without an active moderator to keep us in line. There is genuine grace among the participants, which is the truest form of civilized behavior. There have been occasional misunderstandings, but they have been resolved with no hard feelings that I am aware of. Thanks to everyone.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. And Geoff, I think the smaller size contributes to my willingness to post so often; I feel like I know a lot of you at least a little and that we really rely on each other's input. Some of the advice I've gotten here has been incredibly valuable in my trip planning. Thank you all.

Also, as others have mentioned elsewhere, posting and reading your posts does encourage me to make more train trips than I ordinarily would. Especially, every time I hear that long-distance trains are in danger, I say, "what the heck" and book another!

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vline
Member # 1132

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for vline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, as an occasional poster in this Forum, I too appreciate the messages & in particular the trip reports I read. Though not having covered the Midwest & West Coast Amtrak routes for about 10 years, in my minds eye I can follow along.
Thankyou all for your continued, interesting postings.
Mike in Australia.

Posts: 60 | From: Ballan, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page