RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Lakeshore Ltd schedule change?

Author Topic: Lakeshore Ltd schedule change?
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw in a post on another strand that the Eastbound Lakeshore Ltd is going to leave Chicago earlier on the new schedule. Does anyone know what time and when precisely the new schedules starts? I couldn't seem to find it on the Amtrak website.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sojourner - the new schedule is in effect now. Basically, AMTRAK schedules go from time change to time change. The new schedules are effective with the beginning of daylight savings time, and are valid through the end of daylight savings time, in late October.

The Lake Shore Ltd (or "Late For Sure Ltd" as some of us call it......) is now scheduled to depart Chicago at 7:55 PM, with arrival in New York at 3:25 PM the next day. Your local AMTRAK station should have timetables in stock to give you.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaslett
Member # 1012

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaslett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find the new Capitol and Lakeshore time schedules online.
Are they any changes on the westbound trains?

Posts: 54 | From: Chagrin Falls, OH, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sorry, I thought there was some new upcoming change not yet at the Amtrak site that you all were talking about here. 7:55 is what I have on my tickets. Thanks for the info, RRRRich!
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This "change" must have been contemplated for an awfully long time. My tickets which were issued
on Nov 9 of last year for my upcoming trip (returning May 13 on the LSL to Springfield, MA) have that 7:55 pm time on them.

Westbound on LSL
leaves Springfield, MA at 3:25 pm
leaves Albany, NY at 6:50 pm

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp1822
Member # 2596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1822     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The New Amtrak Schedule takes affect 4/24/2006 - NOT with the time daylight savings time change this year.

The Lake Shore will depart 1/2 hour earlier going WESTBOUND - at 3:20 p.m., rather than 3:50 p.m. Arrival into Chicago - per the book - is 9:05 a.m. There's no change to the eastbound schedule.

As I have stated before, I would prefer that this train leave around 5:00 p.m. We were heading in the right direction - changed from 4:35 p.m. to 12:30 to 2:50 to 3:50, now 3:15 p.m. (eastbound). Would allow for a full day's work in NYC, rather than skipping out around 3 p.m. to catch the train - to upstate NY or Chicago. Lake Shore is the last train to serve upstate NY destinations.

Also, the afternoon departure of the westbound Lake Shore Limited is too close to the other long distance departure times. Choas in the station and Sunnyside may (will) ensue. Southbound Silver Meteor is schedule to go out at 3:15 p.m. - 5 minutes before the westbound Lake Shore - yes different routes, but same city of origination.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page