RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » On Our Way

Author Topic: On Our Way
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Friday , the 5th , my adult son and I leave from Pittsburgh on a "loop" around the country. Needless to say we are very excited.

We will be doing the Capitol , Empire Builder (to Portland) , Starlate (hopefully WITH a Parlor Car) and Zephyr.

Will offer a trip report upon my return.

Of course we will do sleepers the entire trip. We are treating ourselves to a Deluxe BR on the Zephyr leg.

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds wonderful! Have a great trip and send us a full report on your return
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graynt
Member # 17

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for graynt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a wonderful trip! I have three planned for ths summer. In July I ll take the Adirondack from Albany to Montreal, then the Chaleur on VIA rail overnight to Perce and back that day and back to Albany. Coach all the way this time.

In August I ll be taking the Southwest Chief from Cleveland to Flagstaff and flying back. It costs more to fly from Pheonix than LA, so I ll continue on to LA from Flagstaff, overnight at the Days Inn by Union Station and fly back from LA the next day.

In September I ll be flying to Seattle for Labor Day weekend, then head on the Coast Starlight to LA. I saved $100 by booking the sleeper from Klamath Falls on..most of a night and a full day. I figure I can spend the day in coach..then overnight in LA and the Sunset Limited to New Orleans , overnight in New Orleans and the Crescent to New York..both legs in sleepers. I ll be curious to sample the new "diner lite" menu. The last time I took the Sunset I had one of the greatest steaks I ever had..of course that was three years ago.

Sixteen years of Amtrak travel and I still get as excited about boarding a train now as I did then. Hope I never lose that feeling..and hope Amtrak is still with us for the long haul.

Posts: 176 | From: Bloomsburg Pa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page