RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Coast Starlight and misc.

Author Topic: Coast Starlight and misc.
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometime in recent weeks there was some mention of construction work on the Coast Starlight route, and the use of busses from LAX. Has that work been completed ?

On another subject, last week I took the Zephyr from Denver to Sacramento. The weather was perfect, and it was a fabulous trip. If there was a change in the food service, I couldn't tell the difference. At the Grand Junction station, I bought a terrific guidebook entitled, "A Guidebook to Amtrak's California Zephyr - Denver to Salt Lake City" by Eva J. Hoffman. I wish now that I had bought the other two guides that covered the rest of the route, but can't find any place that sells them. Anyone know where these books can be ordered from ?

Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the tunnel work at Chattsworth is through 2007. [Frown]
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russ, doesn't it have the publisher's name in the front?
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russ, I got curious and checked with Amazon.com. They have it listed but as not available. The publisher is listed as Flashing Yellow Guidebooks. So I went to Google and found them. Flashing Yellow Guidebooks,Pub Place, Evergreen Co, 80437, Isn't the internet great?
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RussM:
Sometime in recent weeks there was some mention of construction work on the Coast Starlight route, and the use of busses from LAX. Has that work been completed ?

Just so you're clear: The bustitution only affects Amtrak #11. #14 originates in LA as usual. According to the schedule, if #11 is more than 2.5 hours late at Simi Valley, passengers will be bussed.
Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page