RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Washington first class lounge

Author Topic: Washington first class lounge
dotshub1
Member # 4015

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for dotshub1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there showers in the first class lounge in Washington?
Thanks
Larry & dot

Posts: 14 | From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerome Nicholson
Member # 3116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerome Nicholson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see any last year, but then I wasn't thinking of one at the time.
Posts: 511 | From: Richmond VA USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no but if you are traveling sleeper class there will be a shower in the bedroom or one in each car for the roomettes.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotshub1
Member # 4015

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotshub1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information. I didn't think there was but just hought I would ask.
We will jut have to suffer thru until we get on the train in washington. We did not get a sleeper car from Tampa to Washington and now we are having second thoughts but the price has gone really really up so unless something happens we will be on a coach car for the first night. I guess we made a mistake saving a little money. Oh well-that's because we didn't ask you guys before we booked our trip. We sure will know bette next time-it will be sleeper cars all the way.Dot

Posts: 14 | From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp1822
Member # 2596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1822     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't upgrade to sleeper prior to your trip, ask if there is a possibility of upgrading once onboard and enroute. If one is persistent and the conductors are in good spirits, they may be willing to see if a sleeper is avialable so that you could then purchase onboard (often slightly discounted), but there's no guarantees of upgrading onboard.
Posts: 337 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotshub1
Member # 4015

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotshub1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we by chance found a friendly conductor how do we pay for the sleeper after we are already on the train?
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They take cash as well as credit cards. I've upgraded on board before with no problems. They take your payment and give you a receipt.

To save some money, try upgrading just before bedtime (assuming space is available). You are charged from the point you upgrade to your destination for the room-not your entire trip-since you weren't in the room for your entire trip.

Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotshub1
Member # 4015

Rate Member
Paul, Thanks for this information. We will be looking for that friendly conductor. Will let you know what happens. Dot

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page