RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Southwest Chief Status

Author Topic: Southwest Chief Status
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a problem here. My mom and sister are taking the (June 11th) Southwest Chief #4 from Fullerton to Albuquerque. I'm their ride to the station.

I went to check on how their train is doing, it would be train #3 which should be around Williams Junction or so right now. I checked to see where it is based on the train status but the dreaded service disruption message appears.

So I dug a bit deeper and found this (BNSF derailment near Grants New Mexico):
http://www.krqe.com/expanded.asp?RECORD_KEY%5BNews%5D=ID&ID%5BNews%5D=15635

Now I'm wondering what is going to happen.

I know that #4 left Fullerton tonight as I heard it and checked the train status online...so that is sort of a good sign.

But I'm very worried that tomorrow’s #4 will be very late out of LA.

Anyone have any more news? And to anyone along the line.....check if the westbound Chief (possibly delayed #3) has gone through. I'll listen for it tomorrow morning (I live in-between the Riverside and Fullerton station).

Hope things work out well. But I'm betting on a late night at Fullerton tomorrow [Frown]

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I've read is that Train 4, which departed LA on the 8th, was anulled at Gallup, NM, and turned back to LA. Train 3 was anulled at ABQ, and turned back to CHI. Don't quote me on this, but Train 4 (deadheaded equipment), assuming it may have departed back west from Gallup around the afternoon of the 9th, would reach LA early on the 10th, and depart LA again on the evening of the 10th as 4. As of right now, BNSF has repaired and reopened the main lines. So, saying that, I think that the departure from FUL will be on schedule, although there will be a lot of traffic along the way to ABQ.
By this time, I'm sure that you've already heard all of this though... [Smile]
Good luck!

Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info.

I heard what I believed to be an Amtrak horn this morning....and checking the Amtrak site, #3 did arrive into Los Angeles today about an hour late.

Should be on-time tonight.

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page