RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » I'm Going on the Coast Starlight!!!

Author Topic: I'm Going on the Coast Starlight!!!
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Sunday I leave for Seattle&Canada!

This Time I'm gonna Ride the Cascades and go into Canada, and ,maybe even ride a Train in Canada, I'll make sure to bring back lots of Pictures!

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds great,Canada is my 2nd favorite country. It is beautiful and I feel sure you will get wonderful pictures. I look forward to seeing them. Have a safe and fun trip!!
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great trip, Jonathon! We'll be waiting for your trip report and some more of those great pictures you take.

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathon,
You will absolutely LOVE Canada. Have a wonderful trip.
Vicki

Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I envy you, Jonathon. I haven't been to Seattle since 1983, and Canada since....uhhh, sometime during the Johnson administration. Have great time. Wave when you pass Salinas, and wave to my Mom in Salem.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jonathan,

If you have time, take the Pacific Coach bus from Vancouver (they share the train station with VIA and Amtrak) over to Victoria. The bus goes on a ferry and it's an amazing trip. Once in Victoria you could ride the VIA RDC's up the island and back. They call that service the 'Malahat'.

Enjoy.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, Mr.Toy, if your out Train watching in Salinas on the 9th of July, feel free to say hi! I'm gonna try to see just how many Stations I can Step off at for a picture! Think I can gett'em all?!

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know where I'll be on the 9th, but I'll keep it in mind. I haven't been train watching for awhile.....
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a wonderful trip, Jonathan. I was on the Cascades from Vancouver to Seattle (the once-a-day train, leaves 6PM southbound) fairly recently--it was a lovely ride, replete with maybe 100 bald eagles near White Rock/border crossing area along the water. I also loved Vancouver and Victoria--I second David's suggestion that you take the bus/ferry over to Victoria. It's a gem of a place, and I am so glad people here suggested I spend more time there.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
ok, just about ready for the big trip! any more ideas any one?, I leave this sunday!
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathon, if you get to Victoria try to get to the Royal museum. It is really super. Sojourner is right. Victoria is a gem.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page