RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Enough bad news...here is the good news.

Author Topic: Enough bad news...here is the good news.
yummykaz
Member # 475

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for yummykaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a trip to El Paso from Houston Tx. I would drive a rental car to New Mexico about 2 hours. The train was 2 1/2 hours late. That was my story. Here is my friend's who took AIRPLANE"

She got to Bush airport the 2 hours before boarding to go to New Mexico. She and her family were all excited to go as a family. WRONG AIRPORT! So she had to drive a 45 min drive in about 20 min. Arrived 45 minutes early for flight. The Southwest Airlines ( which is known for great customer service) line was wrapped around the terminal. Her hubby walked up to front to tell them that if they waited in line, tehy would miss plane. INSTEAD of getting them on the plane, SW made them wait- too bad. By time they got to ticket agent to check bags, the plane had taken off. Ok....sure no prob...SW put them on another plane...split her family up onto two seperate planes.The planes were now delayed ....So guess how long her delay was?
18 hours!

Makes my 2 1/2 seem like nothing!

Speaking of late trains...here was irony:
My cell phone rang while I was at El Paso station. Guess who it was? A man from Amtrak customer service calling me back about my emailed complaint about baggage! I told him that so far the train was 3 hours late. He asked that I call back after my trip was done to file a report. They "opened" me a file. Oh well....I did want to go to New Orleans!

Posts: 168 | From: Spring TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisybumble
Member # 855

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for daisybumble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now wait a minute...was your friend given the wrong information by Southwest or the travel agent? That would be understandable, if there was some major screwup and her tickets/itinerary was for IAH instead of another airport. However, if your friend went to the wrong airport by mistake, then the problem is hers and hers only. She's lucky that Southwest was able to accomodate her at all.
Posts: 53 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve4031
Member # 1517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve4031     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never was impressed with southwest airlines. I flew once for free, but would never pay. There fares are usually higher than the other airlines, and everytime I pass through Midway in Chicago, I see long lines at the ticket counter. No way, no how.
Posts: 20 | From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page