RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Dec Trip on Southwest Chief

Author Topic: Dec Trip on Southwest Chief
wiking2
Member # 2239

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiking2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I will be taking the Southwest Chief in Dec and was wondering a couple of Things. I will have roomette 2 on both trips and was wondering if this is all right. 2nd have they rebuilt the sightseer lounges for this too. Last Year I got to ride on the first refurbished sleeper cars on a trip from chi -portland.

Alan

Posts: 27 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roomette 2 is across from the attendant's room and toilet, so it is about in the middle of the car. I had this room on my trip from LA to New Orleans, and it was fine.

There is a chance you might have a refurbished lounge. They are dedicated to the Empire Builder, but there are additional lounges that have been refurbished that roam the system. I've ridden in them on the Sunset Limited and Coast Starlight, so it's possible they are on the Cheif. In fact, now that I think of it, I did see a refurbished lounge with tables on part of the upper level on the Chief a few times as it departed LA.

Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think chances are quite great that you will have refurbished lounge...on the Capital Ltd (equipment turns to/from the Chief), Have been seeing refurbished lounges about 90% of the time.
Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just rode the Chief 3 and 4 over the weekend, and had a refurb. lounge each way; a nice surprise.
Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank,NARP
Member # 4586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank,NARP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SINCE I LIVE IN KANSAS CITY AND TRAVELTO CHICAGO FREQUENTLY,YES I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE MOST OF THE TIME TO CATCH A REFURBISHED LOUNGE CAR, THEY,AMTRAK DID A WODERFUL JOB ON THE LOUNGE CAR.
FRANK,NARP MEMBER

--------------------
I am a active meber of NARP based in Washington D.C. Have been to Washibgtob to meet with mrak officials,and meet with my Congressman and Senators when ever they are avaiable/

Posts: 4 | From: LeesSummit,Mo. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page