RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » HELP ME!

Author Topic: HELP ME!
Charlie
Member # 1518

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am DYING to find a website that I remembered looking at from a few months
ago called "New Amtrak Routes" that some
guy in Ohio wrote. I've been looking for
it on every search site, but I can't find it! Some of the proposed trains included extending the Wolverine from Detroit to Traverse City, a train called the "North Woods" from Boston to Presque Isle, Maine, and a train called "Redwood Empire" from Sacramento to Willits.

Do you remember that site, what the trains
were, and what happened to it? Thanks!

Posts: 2 | From: Houlton, ME | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAChooChoo
Member # 723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAChooChoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Hi, I am DYING to find a website that I remembered looking at from a few months
ago called "New Amtrak Routes" that some
guy in Ohio wrote. I've been looking for
it on every search site, but I can't find it! Some of the proposed trains included extending the Wolverine from Detroit to Traverse City, a train called the "North Woods" from Boston to Presque Isle, Maine, and a train called "Redwood Empire" from Sacramento to Willits.

Do you remember that site, what the trains
were, and what happened to it? Thanks!

Sounds like a very fanciful wish list.
All those routes were gone before Amtrak even hit the scene; and none would be viable today.

[This message has been edited by JAChooChoo (edited 04-01-2002).]

Posts: 29 | From: Baltimore MD | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie
Member # 1518

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please answer me, I really would like to know the name of that website and the address of it. Another train I can think of, "Midwest Auto Train".
Posts: 2 | From: Houlton, ME | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vline
Member # 1132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello, this is the closest thing I can think of to answer your request.........Mike http://www.amtrak.com/press/businessplan-copy.html
Posts: 60 | From: Ballan, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might have seen it on the railroad.net forums. It sounds familiar. That site is currently undergoing reconstruction, and is unavailable.

[This message has been edited by ChrisJ (edited 04-05-2002).]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page