RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Question please answer ASAP

Author Topic: Question please answer ASAP
travelplus
Member # 3679

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for travelplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am scheduled to go from LA-Lamy on January 5th and need to get to Santa Fe. Here is my question if the road is closed between Lamy and Santa Fe what shuttle could take me from the Amtrak station to Santa Fe? I know there is the Lamy Shuttle from Lamy-Santa Fe but what about from Albuquerque if I get in at 11:30 or Noon? I hate to go to thhhhe airport and spend my time on two modes of transportation.
Posts: 259 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travelplus
Member # 3679

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for travelplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bumping
Posts: 259 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gibg
Member # 2565

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gibg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the Lamy - Santa Fe shuttle meets every train whatever the arrival time is. Check with them at (505) 982-8829. In many cases Amtrak will ticket you as part of your rail ticket.

An alternative is the Shuttlejack service from Albuquerque airport to Santa Fe -- but you have to get from the Amtrak station to the airport on your own.

Posts: 87 | From: Snowmass, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiernan
Member # 3828

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiernan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Albuquerque to Santa Fe is easy. You can catch a city bus, # 50, that runs from the Alvarado Transit Center to the airport, and it's almost a direct run. It runs about every thirty minutes. From the airport you can get a shuttle, there are several, to Santa Fe. This is actually a cheaper alternative than taking the shuttle from Lamy to Santa Fe, and it will probably get you to Santa Fe sooner.

There is one other possibility. If the train gets in late you can catch a commuter coach--Norther New Mexico Park and Ride--at the Alvarado Transit Center that will take you Santa Fe. Three dollars.

http://www.allaboardamerica.com/santafe/index.html

--------------------
Kiernan

Posts: 155 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page