RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Hotel in Seattle near station (not Best Western Pioneer Square)

Author Topic: Hotel in Seattle near station (not Best Western Pioneer Square)
hookedup
Member # 1691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hookedup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have an incredible trip coming up and I am very excited, but we have a forced overnight in Seattle (one night 2 times) and I need a recommended hotel near station that is affordable and safe/clean. I am familiar with the Best Western Pioneer Square but it has a 2 night min and is pretty pricey too.

We will arrive into Seattle in the evening both times so I don't wish to spend a lot but I am traveling with a small child so I need something clean and safe! Thanks!

Posts: 45 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when does Pioneer Square have a 2-night minimum stay? I have stayed there several times, and it's always been for 1 night only -- maybe you are traveling on a peak holiday weekend or something?.....
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beacon Hill
Member # 4431

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beacon Hill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cheapest hotels in the Seattle area are located near the airport, which requires an expensive cab ride or a very unpleasant bus ride from King Street Station.

The next best option is near the Seattle Center. Most of those properties were built for the 1962 World's Fair and they haven't changed much over the last 45 years. But, if you are looking for a quiet room with a comfortable bed for one night at a good price check listings that say "close to downtown with a view of the Space Needle" (or something similar). The cheapest options are the Sixth Avenue Inn, Travel Lodge by the Space Needle, Days Inn Downtown Seattle. They are fairly cheap and you'll be away from the Pioneer Square filth, but still near downtown and the train station. Slightly more expensive, but still convenient suggestions: Roosevelt Hotel, Mediterranean Inn, Inn at Queen Anne, Best Western Downtown.

Posts: 78 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoop
Member # 4607

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you do, don't stay at the Hilton.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Best Western Pioneer Square does not ordinarily require a 2-night minimum. In May 2006 I stayed there 1 night before catching the Victoria Clipper up to Vancouver and 1 night about 10 days later after catching the 6PM train back from Vancouver. And I am booked to do the same this year. The hotel never said a word about any 2-night minimum for any of the stays I booked. Maybe they have a 2-night minimum on holidays or perhaps on weekends only? My stays were not on either of these (although one night was a Sunday, none were for a Friday or Saturday)
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page