RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Interesting Google Alert

Author Topic: Interesting Google Alert
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The latest alert came from stationWHSV.com in Harrisonburg,Va. Basically it said that Amtrak had it's worst on time record since the 1970s. The reason given was the freight was tearing up the rails and Amtrak had to move more slowly.They said the "the Capital Limited was most dismal" Only on time 68% and 11% arriving within 30 minutes of schedule. It seems that a congressional (democrats, many of whom had voted for Amtrak) were 4 hours late arriving in Wmsburg for a conference. The new president says that the planning in progress is "nothing short of stunning" I hope this isn't one of those "and I am queen Victoria and we are not amused" statements.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Toledo Blade had a story on this today:

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/NEWS11/702280405/-1/NEWS

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page