RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Tracking 29/30

Author Topic: Tracking 29/30
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to track arrival times into Pittsburgh for trains # 29/30 , but have been unable to do so with www.amtrakdelays.

I realize Pittsburgh is an intermediate stop , but these stops are listed for other trains : for example train #3 into Fullerton (which also is an intermediate stop.)

Is there anyway I can track arrival times into Pittsburgh ?

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what you mean; I just tried it and it worked fine: #29 to pgh:
7/26 138 late
7/25 on time
7/24 17 late
7/23 28 late
7/22 51 late
7/21 3 late

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! Wait a minute, I get it now; you tried too early; they weren't awake yet .Try it now.
Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TBlack:

This is a mystery to me ! I still get a blank screen----all I see is "Status of traion 29 into PIT.---no announcements.

I usually try during different times of the day also.

Surely it'not my computer because I get info related about other stations.

I am sure I enter the initial information correctly. I wonder if I should type in PIT , PA ? I will try that and report back.

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
TBlack:

No that did not work because only a THREE letter city code will work to activate the system.

What could I possibly be doing incorrectly ?

Any more suggestions ?

TBlack
Member # 181

Yup, you're using the wrong abbreviation; try pgh, not pit
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
TBlack:

I just figured what my mistake was !!!

I was using the wrong city code for Pittsburgh. I was using PIT and should use PGH.

When I typed in the correct code, I got the information I needed.

It's strange though that whenever I want to get an estimate on a trip from Pittsburgh on the Amtrak website, I CAN use PIT , but I just have to use PIT, PA---evidently because two different cities use PIT.

That is why I have always tried PIT for the tracking info on trains 29/30.

Now I know what to do.

Thanks for your help TBlack.

TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just another reason every household should have an Amtrak National Timetable in every room for reference. It is so much easier to spell ABQ or to type MSP.
Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AHALL
Member # 3515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHALL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TALKrr, my son and I are taking a train trip to L.A. and back before he starts at the Ohio State University in September. I have been charting Train 29 and 30 in PGH as that is our departure point.

For July, 29 has been late by more than 2 hours 3 times; 1 hour 3 times as well. The other 15 days I charted have been under 1 hour late. There is track work west of Harpers Ferry.

Arrival into Chicago has a similar pattern on Train 29. One day was 3 hours late, the average is 1 hour late. Bridge work at the Beaver River doesn't appear to have significant impact. Seems like a lot of freight is coming down to Yellow Creek near me and north to Alliance.

Train 30 from Chicago to PGH was more than 1 hour late on 5 days, the remainder were less than 1 hour late, many on time. Of course, time has been added to the schedule both ways to accommodate, although the departure time was extended by 2 minutes, and Amtrak called me for that?

Posts: 76 | From: Steubenville, OH | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page