RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Interesting article

Author Topic: Interesting article
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning on a google Amtrak alert there was a very interesting article. A couple spent their honeymoon traveling all over the country visiting a number of cities and did it all by Amtrak. It is in 5 parts and part 4 is all about the trains. The title is transit-oriented- America Pt.1. They were quite complimentry about Amtrak (at least so far). The url is: www.streetsblog.org/2007/08/20. I haven't had time to finish reaading part one but so far I like it.BTW the above dashes area theirs not mine.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting, I read them all. I especially liked the discussion about crossing the street outside LAX. If I take a bus to LAX it drops me right outside the station but if I want to take that same bus home I would have to get across the dreaded Alameda, not an easy task.
Thanks for the heads up Connie.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot---I'm getting an error of "Page Not Found" when I click on the link. Anyone else getting the same message?
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasscarr1720
Member # 2060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasscarr1720     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I am getting the same message..error of "Page Not Found"
Posts: 41 | From: Milwaukee, WI USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep getting same error here
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this: http://www.streetsblog.org/2007/08/23/transit-oriented-america-part-4-the-trains/
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry guys, I can get it and apparently so could Vicki. If you do get it through Mr. Toy's suggestion please let me know.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The middle of the page gave the error but the link to one of the sections of the report was present on the right. I went from there and linked to the others that way.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
royaltrain
Member # 622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for royaltrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although they apparently used Amtrak in their transcontinental tour, they said almost nothing about it. Nothing about on-board service, sleeping car, dining car, quality of food etc. Certainly not a railway travel report.
Posts: 524 | From: Toronto Ont. Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't get the original link either, but I could get it from Mr. Toy's link.

It looks like a good article - -I will read it after I get done scanning the rest of today's posts on this forum.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page